The SHRM Global Learning System® is designed to give you the necessary knowledge, skills and perspectives to be successful in the expanding worldwide market. This seven-week program is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management
(SHRM®) to educate HR professionals with international and cross-border responsibilities and provide a comprehensive test preparation system for the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI®) Global Professional in Human Resources
(GPHR™) certification exam.
SHRM assembled a world-class team of global HR and course development experts to create this program. It contains interactive features and will provide you with an enjoyable and meaningful learning experience.
For More Information, Contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (312) 362-5792
- FAX: (312) 362-8764
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for HR professionals with at least two years of exempt-level (professional) experience whose responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing global HR strategies
- Managing HR operations overseas
- International assignment management
The SHRM Global Learning System offers outstanding features including:
- More than 700 sample test items
- Six interactive case studies
- Access to world-class HR experts
- Six comprehensive books
- Educational games
- Electronic job aids, glossary and reference material
Global Learning System® covers international HR and highlights these content areas that may appear on the certification exam.
- Strategic HR management
- Global organizational effectiveness and employee development
- Global staffing
- Global compensation
- International assignment management
- International employee relations and regulations
In addition to in-class instruction, with the SHRM Global Learning System®, you will receive:
- Books- a comprehensive book for each of the six modules that includes that explains key terms, leading principles, practical examples and a number of charts and checklists in detail
- CD-ROM- a CD-ROM containing challenging, interactive questions and learning activities tied to the books, with icons in the books that link to interactive exercises on the CD-ROM
- Web Casts- on-line learning activities, including expert perspectives conveyed through archived web casts, resources and information updates
- Website- a course website where students and instructors can connect, complete assignments and conduct threaded discussions
- Test Preparation: materials designed and built from the same test specifications used to create the GPHR™ certification exam, with a number of online sample tests
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
Will this program certify me as a GPHR?
No, The SHRM Global Learning System® prepares you for the GPHR certification exam and also includes information about how the components of the test are weighted. However, completing the program does not mean you have completed the GPHR exam, which is given separately by the HRCI.
to find out more about the GPHR certification and the eligibility requirements.
Is the application for the GPHR examination covered in the course fee?
No. The application for the GPHR examination is not covered in the course fee. The Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI®) developed the certification and administers the exam.
You may obtain information on applying and qualifications for certification from the Human Resource Certification Institute at 866.898.4724 or from its web site at http://www.hrci.org
When is the GPHR exam?
Testing is offered at more than 250 Thomson Prometric testing centers in the U.S. and Canada, and 116 other international locations. There are two exams windows: May and December. For more information, go to http://www.hrci.org
Due to the frequent changes in HR information, policies and regulations, it is recommended that participants take the GPHR certification exam in the same year that they complete the learning system.
Will all work be completed in-class?
This is an in-class program, but there will be some work that will need to be completed online.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
of the registration form is provided for your convenience.
No sections of this course are currently being offered.