Core Concepts I is the first of two modules in the Project Management Certificate Program
. This course presents an in-depth look at the different phases of project management. It introduces A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and presents the core concepts necessary for successful project initiation and planning. The course progresses through all planning phase components within each of the nine knowledge areas of project management.
For More Information, Contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (312) 362-5295
- FAX: (312) 362-8764
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for professionals who manage, lead or participate in projects including, but not limited to, the following industries:
- Customer service
- Human Resources
- Information technology
- Law enforcement
- Public relations
- Supply chain
The Project Management Certificate Program can be used to prepare for the PMP® exam or to obtaining Continuing Education Units (CEUs). DePaul's Management Development Center is an approved Project Management Institute (PMI)
Registered Education Provider.
- Project management overview
- Project management context
- Stakeholder management
- Triple constraint
- Project identification
- Project management processes
- Integration management
- Scope management and planning
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Human resource management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Integration and plan development
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
Are books included in the tuition fee?
Books are not included in the tuition fee. All other class materials are covered in the tuition fee and will be distributed as appropriate.
The required texts for the Project Management Certificate Program are:
- Gido, Jack and James P. Clements. Successful Project Management (with Microsoft Project 2010). South-Western College Pub, 5th Edition 2011. [ISBN: 9780538478977]
- Project Management Institute. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 5th Edition 2013. [ISBN: 9781935589679 - paperback]
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
of the registration form is provided for your convenience.