SHRM Essentials® of Human Resource Management Certificate Program is an introductory course designed to help anyone in a management position develop a competence in HR, promote a consistent understanding of the HR function, and enhance the ability to deal with crucial issues. In this intensive two-day course, designed by the Society for Human Resource Management, you will learn the most vital and timely topics in the human resource field, even if you have no prior knowledge of HR.
For More Information, Contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (312) 362-5792
- FAX: (312) 362-8764
Who Should Attend
- Entry-level HR professionals
- Divisional or departmental supervisors
- Team leaders
- Employees with management responsibilities
- Individuals seeking higher management positions or transitioning into HR
- HR professionals whose experience has been in a single functional area such as staffing, benefits, recruitment or payroll
In this program, you'll have the opportunity to use both web-based tools and print materials to help you review and master HR concepts, gain confidence, and learn techniques of immediate relevance to your job.
- Essentials of human resource management
- Employment law in your workplace
- Effective recruitment and selection
- Basics of compensation
- Orienting and training your employees
- Ensuring quality performance
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
Do I need an HR background?
If you are considering a career in HR, this program will provide you with the fundamentals of human resources. A prior HR background is not necessary.
Is there a certification exam?
No, currently there is not a certification tied to the SHRM Essentials® of Human Resource Management Certificate Program. However, the basic HR knowledge covered in this program mirrors the HRCI body of knowledge in general format.
Is there any out-of-class work required?
An activities book is included with the course materials. Your instructor may assign these activities for out-of-class completion.
Is there a final exam?
Yes. At the end of the course, there is a take home test required to complete your certificate with DePaul. This is not a SHRM certification exam.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
of the registration form is provided for your convenience.