The Family and Divorce Mediation Training Certificate Program is designed for those who work in or are interested in working with the field of family conflict resolution. You'll develop the knowledge, skills and tools of an effective mediator and learn to resolve conflict in a variety of professional roles.
Family and divorce mediation training applies communication and negotiation theory, legal and psychological analysis, ethical standards, knowledge of court programs and considerations of private practices to neutral mediation. This program has been approved by the Association for Conflict Resolution
and is accepted by local courts as training for child custody and visitation mediation rosters.
For More Information, Contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (312) 362-6292
- FAX: (312) 362-8764
Who Should Attend
- Child's representatives
- Collaborative law professionals
- Family court administrators
- Financial advisors
- Guardians ad litem
- Mental health professionals
- Others involved in helping people resolve disputes and manage conflict
Through this program you will learn to apply dispute resolution techniques as a mediator or other neutral representative or administrator. The program will also prepare you to add conflict resolution approaches to your existing professional practice or work toward establishing your own mediation practice.
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Mediation process and conflict resolution theory
- Role of the mediator
- Emotional impact of family conflict, separation and divorce on children and adults
- Mediating child custody, child support and other parenting arrangements
- Mediating the financial aspects of separation and divorce
- Domestic abuse and other impediments to mediation
- Ethical obligations of mediators, advocates and experts
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
What type of Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) is available?
If you are a licensed attorney in Illinois, you can receive 40 hours of Illinois Attorney MCLE by completing this certificate program including 40 hours of professional responsibility credit.
What type of continuing education credit (CEU) is available?
By completing this certificate program, you can receive 40 hours of social work CEUs. Additional types of professional credit are available as defined by the individual professions.
Can I take the Advanced Mediation Workshop course along with the Family and Divorce Mediation Training Certificate Program?
No. You need to complete the Family and Divorce Mediation Training Certificate Program before you are eligible to take the Advanced Mediation Workshop
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
of the registration form is provided for your convenience.
No sections of this course are currently being offered.