Current course offering dates and locations
Basic Management Skills Certificate Program has the current day(s) and time(s) available for convenient program registration:
5/8/2014 - 5/9/2014, Loop
Information regarding the listed course section(s), as well as registration for a course, is available at the bottom of this course page.
Program Information Contact
Eilish McDonagh-Hermer is the program contact for this course. Eilish can be reached at any of the following:
Managers who are equipped with the right skills and knowledge have a major impact on team performance and company success. This two-day training course focuses on essential skills and knowledge required to handle various communication and leadership challenges faced by new and experienced managers.
Through a hands-on approach, you will be provided with the comprehensive skills, practice and tools needed to enhance productivity within your organization. You’ll also participate in a DiSC® assessment. The assessment will provide personalized feedback, helping you understand the attitudes and abilities of your employees, as well as assist you in becoming a more effective manager.
Who Should Attend
This two-day program is designed for front-line managers, team leaders and new managers who need to improve their team’s performance, as well as experienced managers who want to enhance their management skills.
- Learn leadership styles and skills to manage today’s changing workforce
- Enhance your ability to manage, delegate, communicate and resolve conflict to improve employee productivity and performance
- Increase job performance by applying the principles of performance management and measurement
- Create personal action plans focused on the application of new skills and knowledge of effective leaders
- Use the DISC® behavioral style assessment tool to foster team collaboration
- Assessing and understanding various leadership styles utilizing the DISC® Model
- Identifying principles that form the foundation for effective collaboration
- Exploring the characteristics of effective teams and individual contributors
- Understanding and practicing the steps for coaching/feedback for improved performance
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
Does this program qualify for financial assistance through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)?
In order to find out if you qualify for financial assistance, you must first contact Workforce Development. As a certified program under the ILLINOIS workNet
initiative, this program has been approved for workforce training grants for those who are eligible. Funding may
be available for those receiving unemployment benefits. Please contact us or Workforce Development for more information.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - just add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart.
Alternatively you can register by phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
is provided for your convenience.
Online Registration Information
Course Section 1
Registration details appear in the following registration box. Please note registration details and then click the "Add to Shopping Cart" button.
For more information contact: