Current course offering dates and locations
Jacobs & Stone Multichannel Marketing Communications (MC2) Certificate Program: Creating Direct, Interactive and Measurable Media Strategies has the current day(s) and time(s) available for convenient program registration:
9/18/2013 - 11/20/2013, Loop
Information regarding the listed course section(s), as well as registration for a course, is available at the bottom of this course page.
Program Information Contact
Jurate Murray is the program contact for this course. Jurate can be reached at any of the following:
The Ron Jacobs and Bob Stone Multichannel Marketing Communications Certificate Program is designed to help marketers keep up to date on the rapidly changing field of direct, interactive, digital and database marketing. You will learn how SEO, paid search, web analytics, social media, banner advertising, ROI’s, KPI’s, performance tracking and database management are being integrated into the marketing communications system to make its results more measurable. You’ll learn about these new marketing communications techniques and how to build them into a marketing presentation.
"This class was by far one of the best classes that I've ever taken. After a couple of years of running my own company, I felt that I should take a class to prepare for my MBA. The Jacobs and Stone certificate more than met my expectations. Every class had experts coming to the classroom or talking to us via satellite. We were learning the latest developments in the multichannel marketing world. Dr. Kelly made the transitions from one topic to another very smooth by always connecting what we were hearing and seeing to the goals of this certificate.
In short, everything that you see in the syllabus will be thoroughly discussed in the classroom. You'll also get the best opportunity to network with business leaders as well as colleagues in your industry that are more than happy to share with you their experience."
"In this ever-changing world of new media, MC2 is the perfect complement for classically trained marketers--enabling you to understand, embrace and integrate new media tools into your marketing plans for maximum effectiveness and efficiency. I was able to put this practical advice to work immediately and keep my credentials up-to-date through this certificate program."
Who Should Attend
- Marketing communications professionals
- Organizational leaders who want accountability in marketing programs
- Account executives working in performance-based interactive marketing
- Clients of an agency or consulting firm who want perspective to evaluate service
- Brand managers trying to add interactive and direct marketing to a budget
- Small business owners or entrepreneurs needing cost-effective marketing tools
- Customer relationship management managers wanting to retain the best customers
- Acquisitions managers who wish to build lifetime customer value
- Retention managers who want to communicate effectively with valuable customers
- Experienced marketers wishing to acquire new skill sets
- Gain extraordinary, practical expertise from successful practitioners
- Learn the most powerful and cost-effective way to market and secure new customers
- Implement direct, interactive, digital and database marketing in your organization
Discounts may be available through membership in your marketing association.
What are multiple channels of communication and how do they relate to integrated and interactive marketing?
- Traditional metrics
- The convergence of direct, online and brand marketing
- The new sales and marketing funnel
- A planning model for the future
- Measurement, analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Presenter(s): Ron Jacobs and Steven Kelly
Multichannel Marketing Communications class project: Lawson Products
- Presenter(s): Christina Nielsen
- Website planning
- Website copy
- Website code
- Website promotion
Database marketing, loyalty and LTV, CRM
- Acquisition vs. retention
- Information (demographics, customer behavior)
- Technology that solves a business problem
- Presenter(s): Roy Wollen
Online Marketing Measurement Tools
- Overview of free, easy-to-use tools from Google
- How large and small advertisers leverage resources to optimize marketing strategies
- How to uncover new opportunities to reach target audience
- How to stay aligned with changing customer behavior
- Presenter(s): Kelly Cutler
Why B2B Is Key for Google
- How & why B2B marketers are using video
- Recent research, examples of how B2B marketers are using the space, YouTube
- How & why B2B marketers are using mobile
- Presenter(s): Lauren Nelson
Integrating Retail Marketing Communications
- A new look at the way marketers work with retail operations
- Presenter(s): Tia Ballarini, Jennifer Langley
Social Media Networks
- How blogs and social sites create networks of customer communities
- The social media landscape
- Innovative campaigns that leverage social media
- The evolution of social media- what are brands looking at for next year and beyond
- Presenter(s): Lauren Abney, Kari King
- The current state of mobile marketing and opportunities within the landscape
- The role of mobile in the marketing ecosystem
- Examples of challenges and wins from marketers engaged in mobile
- Current mobile marketing trends and how to leverage them to reach audiences
- Presenter(s): Molly Garris
Presentation of team ideas for Lawson Products
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
What are the requirements for the Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate?
To receive the IMC certificate
, students must successfully complete five required courses and one elective course.
Required Courses (Five):
* Note: Students can take either the in-class or online course offering of the Practical Internet Marketing Certificate Program
Elective Courses (choose one):
Do I get DePaul credit for this class?
No, but some DePaul CPE courses have been approved for CEU credits. This is a professional education class with different requirements than courses taken for academic credit.
How big is the class?
Class size is limited to allow for a more interactive environment in the classroom. Most classes have fewer than 20 students.
Will I have to write papers and take exams?
While the assignments differ for each instructor and course, you will be assigned non-graded homework, and you will receive feedback on each of your assignments. Some courses also include in-class presentations.
Are the courses very technical?
Some of the topics are technical but are described in a way that a non-technical person can understand. At every stage of the program, theory is integrated with the technology - we aim to provide insight for technical and non-technical participants.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - just add the course you are interested in to your shopping cart.
Alternatively you can register by phone, fax or mail. An Adobe Acrobat PDF
is provided for your convenience.
Online Registration Information
Course Section 1
Registration details appear in the following registration box. Please note registration details and then click the "Add to Shopping Cart" button.
For more information contact: