Who Should Attend
- Experienced and entry-level payroll professionals
- Managers and supervisors providing strategic payroll management
- Sales professionals and consultants serving the payroll industry
- Systems analysts and engineers writing payroll programs
- Payroll service bureau client representatives
- Get the "know how" to start or advance your payroll career
- Understand payroll essentials through hands-on exercises
- Improve your job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Learn from an experienced payroll facilitator
- Access a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Gain a solid grounding in compliance issues related to tax and regulatory information
- Prepare for the FPC and CPP exams
- Earn recertification credit hours (RCHs) or continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain FPC or CPP credentials
PayTrain® College & University is the American Payroll Association's
payroll professional development and certification exam preparation program offered in a college/university setting. Serving the entire payroll community, this program is ideal if you are a seasoned professional interested in advancing your career or sitting for a certification exam, as well as for new hires seeking an understanding of the industry. By enrolling in the program, you'll receive live classroom instruction, textbooks and access to interactive online games and applications to reinforce the topics learned.
- Payroll foundation
- Payroll essentials
- Payroll accuracy
- Compliance issues
Frequently Asked Questions
for DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education departmental student policies.
What certificate is awarded upon completing this program?
Upon successful completion of both courses in the American Payroll Association PayTrain® Certificate Program, you will be awarded a Certificate of Professional Achievement from DePaul University.
This Certificate of Professional Achievement should not be confused with the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or the Fundamental Payroll certification (FPC) examinations. Certification examination fees for these exams are not included in the course fees. For information on all APA examination requirements, contact the APA at (210) 244-6406 or visit http://www.americanpayroll.org
Are there required materials?
Yes. There are APA PayTrain® course materials, which are included in the cost of tuition. The materials are distributed at the first class meeting.
Does this program qualify for financial assistance through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)?
No. At this time, this program has NOT been approved by the ILLINOIS workNet
initiative for workforce training grants. Please contact Workforce Development for more information.
To register, click on a listing in the box below:
Program Courses (2 Courses Required)
For more information contact: