Supply management has advanced the role of purchasing beyond achieving sustainable and recurring cost savings. Optimal purchasing and supply management positions an organization to provide more value to customers, establish market differentiation, develop lasting supplier relationships and become flexible and agile.
Based upon ISM's Professional Series, the Purchasing and Supply Management Certificate Program uses lectures, team interaction, activities and classroom discussion to help you advance your career in purchasing and supply management. The program also prepares you for the examination to become a Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) from the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM).
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for purchasing or supply chain managers who want to advance their careers, as well as for individuals who want to explore this profession as a new career.
Professionals from a number of industries, such as healthcare, public service, retail and manufacturing, can benefit and prepare for the CPSM® examination.
- Gain an understanding of the best practices and processes of supply management
- Develop practical skills to make accurate and profitable decisions
- Learn how to create and implement innovative and effective supply strategies
- Bring the latest supply management practices to your organization
- Integrate the supply management function into your organization's supply chain networks
- Prepare for the Institute of Supply Management's CPSM® certification exam
Completing this program does not automatically certify you as a CPSM®. Please consult the ISM website and CPSM® FAQ
for more information on the examination and certification criteria.
This 24-week program, taught by industry leaders, is structured in three eight-week modules:
- Foundations of Supply Management
- Effective Supply Management Performance
- Leadership in Supply Management
Frequently Asked Questions
for the DePaul University Continuing and Professional Education Departmental Student Policies.
Are books included in the tuition fee for the Purchasing and Supply Management Certificate Program?
Books are not included in the tuition fee. The required texts for the Purchasing and Supply Management Certificate Program are available through the ISM web site:
Does this program qualify for financial assistance through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)?
Yes. As a certified program under the ILLINOIS workNet
initiative, this program has been approved for workforce training grants. Funding may be available for those receiving unemployment benefits. Please contact us for more information.
To register, click on a listing in the box below:
Program Courses (3 Courses Required)
For more information contact: